Sunday, November 13, 2011

Running for a Cause: Rain 4 Africa


This morning, I ran for a cause. I woke up at 4 in the morning to prepare and wait for my friends to fetch me so that together we all go to Filinvest Alabang for our 5K run for Rain 4 Africa, a run to help the poor kids so that they may have something to eat.


Organized by the Lifeline Foundation, the event aims to raise funds so that kids on East Africa. The proceeds will go to the World Food Programme for their projects to help those kids. Registration was worth PHP400 for all distances, which are 3K, 5K, and 10K. Even if it was a bit expensive, the cause was all worth it.

Rain 4 Africa Information

My singlet and race bib

The information on www.pinoyfitness.com says that there will be no singlets available but as my friend, Kat, went to Reebok in Festival Supermall Alabang, they are giving out the old Run 4 Life singlets and so, we had one together with the race bib with the RFID tag to record our race time.

My officeial Time


I finished the race at 35 minutes. Not bad considering that I was too lazy the past few weeks on running. I lost the urge to run a month a go with all the stress at work. Got a bit sad since I was aiming before for a faster record but anyway, I think I improved from the previous 5K I had. Upon finishing, I get to have a lot of freebies and stuff on the sponsors all around the area while waiting for my other friends to finish.

Oh yeah! I finished the race!

Program held after. With Ms. Shamcey Supsup

Freebies with Archie and Kat

One of the runners there was Shamcey Supsup who was the Miss Universe 2011 3rd Runner Up. Everyone was starstruck and we had a rare opportunity of taking a photo of her. She ran the 3K category.

Shamcey with Archie

After all the runners had finished, a small program was held and there are a lot of raffles. Unfortunately, I didn't win but running and finishing the race was enough. Being able to help the hungry kids is a big plus. The experience was more than enough for me and makes me feel a winner already.

Souvenir photo form the photo booth

Next time an event like this will come up, I'll surely sign up even on the last minute. So I better be prepared to run and help.

If you would like to help, contact them at:

Lifeline Foundation
http://alifelinetoafrica.org/
#86 Aguirre St., BF Homes, Paranaque City, Philippines
email: info@ineedalifeline.org
phone: (+632) 836.2514

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...