Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Zodiac Ophiuchus


I should have blogged this yesterday but I wasn't sober enough when I got home at 3am in the morning and I don't have the physical strength to stay awake so I just decided to do this now.

Ophiuchus, the serpent tamer


There has been news all over the interwebs that a new zodiac is to be included with the 12 previous. I have read rumors of this years ago but I haven't seen them add it up on the usual 12. I just don't know if this time it is true or not. Anyway, here is an article I have found in Yahoo! News. You can check it out here or read below:


A Minnesota astronomer confirms what many have suspected: Your horoscope is quite possibly wrong.

Earth's shifts on its axis over the past 3,000 years have changed the 12 zodiac signs. For example, think your sign is Aquarius? You may be a Pisces. (There's also a 13th sign, Ophiuchus, that's based on a constellation the ancient Babylonians threw out for symmetry thousands of years ago.)
So who's to blame for this scam on zodiac devotees?
The ancient Babylonians based the zodiac on which constellation the sun appeared to be in when a person was born. Since then, the moon's has exerted a gravitation pull on Earth, causing a "wobble" on its axis that has shifted the stars' alignment by about a month, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports.

"Because of this change in the tilt, the Earth is over here and the sun is in a different constellation than it was 3,000 years ago when this study of the stars began," astronomer Parke Kunkle told the Twin Cities' KARE-TV.
The shift isn't new, Kunkle says -- the zodiac world just hasn't taken the wobble into account.
Here's your new sign below:
Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11
Pisces: March 11-April 18
Aries: April 18-May 13
Taurus: May 13-June 21
Gemini: June 21-July 20
Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23-Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20

Well, I'm still a Pisces however, I think most people have to change what sign they were used too. I think it is just weird if you are a believer of this because all your life you are living someone else zodiac and actually believing in it. And if you belong to the new sign, you never get to see what your zodiac tells you years back. And also, up to now, I still don't know how to pronounce the new zodiac, good thing I don't belong there. :P

Anyway, I heard a news in the TV a while ago that the astrologers will not include this sign. They say that they were just making some fuzz to be seen. Oh well, I think that the 12 will remain and this news will still be another news in the comming years.

I just thought, my horoscope says before that I am compatible with a Cancer, Scorpio and a Pisces. Well, I think the stars are telling me a sign there. haha! lolz!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...