Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hot Choco at Choco-Late de Batirol


Burrr! It's 25 degrees tonight and its pretty cold here in my room. I can't usually tolerate cold weathers and I need to wear multiple jackets at this time of the year or a big warm hug will do. But the latter is not a choice for me right now. :P. What I want to do now is drink a hot cup of chocolate... with alcohol!

That's right, with alcohol in it. Just like the one I tasted in Baguio last time I was there.


At Camp John Hay, there is a small hut in the far end named Choco-Late de Batirol where they sell delicious hot chocolate. This drink is created in the
traditional way, using a batirol. In the old times, they heat cocoa and continuously mix it in a container (I am not sure how this is really done, maybe someone can enlighten me). A batirol is a hot chocolate stirrer, whisk, or beater. The hot drink is a thick mixture of pure chocolate which is very very yummy!


At the restaurant, they serve different kinds of hot chocolate. They have the classic and the others are mixed with some flavorings. They have some mixed with almond, strawberry and my favorite, the one mixed with Kahlua. There are more flavors to choose from there and I think each is very good.

The one I tasted is the Kahlua. It is good and the alcohol is not overpowering. You can still taste the chocolate. The alcohol is in minimal amount that is why.

They also sell food in that small restaurant. They have variety of dishes in their menu. The other group of people who came in there had their lunch there wherein they ordered a lot of food. They also serve desserts and something to go with the hot chocolate.

The cup of hot chocolate is around P60-100 or so. It depends on the flavor you want. It is served hot and it tasted good. However, I still love the tableas from Batangas. It's just that it was nice to drink it in a cold weather like there in Baguio.

When you're around Camp John Hay, try to look for this place and drink a cup of hot chocolate at Choco-Late de Batirol.

ooooohhhh... I'm craving for a cup of hot choco now.. >.<

2 comments:

Tanja said...

i want jeri!!!

Unknown said...

Hugs? huggggsss!! haha! tara let's Baguio.. or gusto mo hingi k nlng kina jeng ng tablea, pagluluto kita dito sa bahay.. :D

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...