Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lunch Out Series: W


This should have been posted weeks ago but it got lost in my to do list. It's better late than never so here we go!

Fridays are usually lunch out day in the office and we usually go to Glorietta or Greenbelt to look for restaurants. This time, we decided to eat at W the Big Grill since there are no guest dining in here.


I know this place before because I had been here with my ex office mates. Before it was located at Glorietta but now they transferred at Greenbelt. I remember this for having the hottest hot sauce we ever tasted. I am not sure if they still have that here.

The place is on the third level of Greenbelt 3. You can easily recognize it with the big "W" outside and some chairs and tables. At noon, the interior is quite silent because the staff doesn't play music. They have a mechanical bull in there but it wasn't set up yet (because it is just noon). The tables are all on the side and a bar is on the far back. The theme is all wild wild west style.

We ordered food and most of what they serve are grilled and steaks. It is usually served in a sizzling plate.They have a slow service maybe because there are only few customers but we still need to wait for a long time for our orders. Even the Onion Rings (which I didn't took a photo) that we expected to be served early, got served together with the dishes we ordered. We had T-Bone Steak, Rib-eye Steak and Grilled Spareribs (my order). Here are the photos (pardon the blurred shots, maybe I was shaking of hunger lolz! :P)

T-Bone Steak (P180)

Rib Eye Steak (P230)

Grilled Spareribs (P160)
 I didn't get to taste the first two dishes I mentioned however the Grilled Spareribs was really really good. I liked it together with the dip made of soy sauce, vinegar and some onions. The atchara goes well with it too. The meat was cooked well and it was tender. The flavor was really good. The juiciness and the smokey flavor was so yummy that I am drooling now imagining it.

Next time you want to have a steak experience try W the Big Grill out. Also try it out there at night so you can test your skills at the mechanical bull. Maybe the place is more lively at night. I hope we could go back there at night too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...