Monday, December 26, 2011

Barkada Dinner at Wee Nam Kee


Our dinner out with friends was scheduled that Sunday afternoon when I was obliged to go to work in the morning and attend an out reach program at noon. It was really a busy day but I prepared myself for it. I was wandering around Serendra in Bonifacio Global City when my friends arrived to see me. They were from our street and they met with me after my long morning's activity. As dinner arrived we looked for a place to eat and we decided to eat at Wee Nam Kee.


Even though I tried it here before, I still decided to eat here again since the first time, I only had one dish of them. Also, I like their Hainanese Chicken Rice and I couldn't resist the thought of eating it again. This is the only Singaporean dish I could eat everyday. I really like it.

Located at Serendra just beside the array of restaurants at the ground floor, you can find this medium sized place where a lot of people can stay in for dinner. It is big enough to accommodate around fifty to eighty people. The seating extends outside depending if guests like to dine there. As you enter, you can see a lot of table with guests dining in. A counter is visible at the far end where they take the food from the kitchen, and also the cashier area. It is nicely lit and the ambiance is very cozy as you enter.

The counter area where they get the ordered dishes

Nice lights hanging from the ceiling

The staff were very accommodating there. They find you seats upon entering and quickly arrange it as you seat. They give the menu as you seat and patiently wait for you to order dishes. They also quickly serves you anything you ask them like glasses of water or condiments while your eating.

As we settled, we decided what food to order. We decided to have the Hainanese Chicken Rice for share. We ordered the Roasted Chicken plus a plate of Beef Broccoli in Oyster Sauce and Sweet and Sour Fish. We all had a bowl of Chicken Rice and since I was feeling adventurous that night, I decided to order a Cold Barley Drink. I really have no idea of what it is but I tried it anyway.

Cold Barley Drink (PHP55)
The drink was the first thing to arrive. As the Cold Barley Drink was placed in front of me I was excited to taste it, wondering if I'll like it or not. It is a white liquid with a lot of grain like stuff settled at the bottom of the glass. The drink has a lot of ice in it and I stirred it first before trying it out. The taste was really good. Better than what I expected. It was sweet and was just right. The small grains at the bottom were also good. It was like tapioca but tasted more like rice. It was really good and I like it very much!

Roasted Chicken (PHP488)

Hainanese Chicken Rice (PHP40 per cup)

The Roasted Hainanese Chicken was also good. The crisp skin plus the juicy meat was a perfect combination. Together with the ginger paste and the thick soy sauce, it is a winner. My friend told me that those dipping is supposed to be eaten separately. The ginger was for the rice and the soy sauce for the chicken (or vice versa, sorry I couldn't remember :P) but I like it better combined. With it is the best chicken dish I ever tasted!

Beef and Broccoli in Oyster Sauce (PHP290)

Sweet and Sour Fish (PHP270)

Beef Broccoli in Oyster Sauce was also good. I like the broccoli here best. It was like the one in North Park. I was not really a fan but I like the vegetable. Also the Sweet and Sour Fish is also a winner. It is tender and really hot upon serving, I also liked it and it tasted very good.

Overall, I loved the food here. I was glad I had tasted other dishes they serve. It was both filling and yummy and it was served hot to us. The staff were good to us and accommodates us very nicely. The ambiance is also good there. It is cozy and is perfect for family or barkada event just like what we had that night. The price is just okay. It wasn't that cheap but was not overpriced. It was just right. I would recommend this restaurant to all those who want to taste Singaporean dishes. Thumbs up!

Wee Nam Kee
Serendra, McKinley Parkway, Bonifacio Global City
Taguig City, Metro Manila
Philippines
(02) 822-7095

2 comments:

i♥pinkc00kies said...

Yummm, Wee Nam Kee is on my must-try list!

Unknown said...

try their Barley Drink! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...