Monday, December 5, 2011

Food Trippin' Boracay: Don Vito Italiano Ristorante's Gelato


As we explored the island of Boracay at night, we usually crave for sweet things especially after dinner. Among the array of restaurants there is an Italian place where they also serve some gelato. This is said to be the restaurant wing of Mandarin Island Hotel. It is known as Don Vito Ilatiano Ristorante. We didn't eat the restaurant per se but my friend wanted some gelato and so she bought one for herself while we just tasted it.


This place hits me when I realized that the logo they have is similar to that of Red Hat Linux. It was just weird and I was wondering if it was even legal to use that image. Anyway, we only stayed outside while my friend went in. From the outside, you can see that the place is packed with guests. It seems like they serve good food there. Maybe if we have some budget to splurge on to, we would have dinned in there. Reviews says that they have some awards on being a good restaurant. I am not sure, maybe I'll research more on that. The place has this cozy ambiance inside and I think it is a perfect place to stay for a group of friends who want to eat Italian.

This is Red Hat Linix logo. See their logo on the image above. Looks the same neh?

My friend came back to us with a cup of gelato. Two scoops for around PHP95. The price was not bad and I think it was cheap enough. The plus side is you can taste two flavors in it.

2 Scoop gelato for PHP95

I can't really remember the flavors but one is a Ferrero Rocher flavored while the other was some chocolate flavored one. I really liked it and wanted to go back to buy myself one but it was too late. We were so far from it now. I just get to taste it and Ferrero Rocher was really good. It has bits of the yummy chocolate in it. It was really good. Maybe next time, I'll get to taste it. I'll not miss that chance. :)



Don Vito Italiano Ristorante
Beach Front Station 2 Boracay Island, Malay Aklan Province
Kalibo, Aklan
Philippines
(036) 288-3444

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...