Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My New Techie Gadget: HTC Desire


I just got my HTC Desire thanks to Elouise who bought it for me in Hong Kong a few days back. I asked her for this since stock of this model is out here. I am not sure when it will be on stock again but I figured that I might get a good bargain if it was bought in HK.



The first time I tried it, i was really amazed. I loved it already. HTC Desire is a smartphone runs the Android Operating System, version 2.2 "Froyo". To further describe its features here is a short rundown of it:
  • The screen on the HTC Desire is vivid and crisp. So it's great for making the most of all your movies, photos, games and favourite websites.
  • We've put a 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor in the HTC Desire. Which means, you can zip around the Internet, do lots of things at once and flick through your apps in next to no time.
  • With a pinch of your fingers you can see all seven of your home screens. So you can easily switch between the weather, your friends social networking updates, your work email and anything else you care to look at.
  • HTC Sense is an experience designed around many little insightful ideas. Ideas that seem so simple, you think “why hasn’t any one else thought of that? It just makes sense.” It’s a phone experience full of lots of little surprises, delighting you every time.

The following is its specifications:


Weight: 4.76 ounces (135 grams) with battery

Display:

  • Type: Touch-sensitive screen with pinch-to-zoom capability
  • Size: 3.7 inches
  • Resolution: 480 X 800 WVGA

CPU Processing Speed:1GHz


Storage:

ROM: 512 MB
RAM: 576 MB
Expansion slot: microSD™ memory card (SD 2.0 compatible)

Sensors

  • G-Sensor
  • Digital compass
  • Proximity sensor
  • Ambient light sensor

Platform: Android™ 2.1 (Éclair) with HTC Sense™

Camera:

  • 5 megapixel color camera
  • Face detection capability
  • Auto focus and flash
  • Widescreen photo capture
  • Geotagging
  Here are just a few, check out www.htc.com for more details

Here are the images of my HTC Desire:
Box

All the gadgets inside

I already opened it ready to explore!
Now, I am looking and downloading games in the Android Market. I am getting addicted in playing already. This is good since I don't have anything to do tomorrow at the office (shhhh!). For now I'll enjoy this first since the SIM card in it is not the one I am usually using. No one will contact me through that!

Tomorrow, I'll look for screen protector and a case for it. Ohhhhh! I'm loving this baby already! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...