Thursday, December 30, 2010

Eco-Friendly Products at Ilog Maria


After our short Pink Sisters stop over, we went to Ilog Maria at Silang Cavite. It was just near Tagaytay. Actually, it is along the same road from the Pink Sister's Convent. Just follow the road leading to DasmariƱas Cavite and be very keen in looking for the big sign at the road (right side if you're form Tagaytay) that tells you you're near Ilog Maria. You could also look for St. Paul's Seminary since it is near that sign.



As you see the sign, go straight the dirt road. It is a one way dirt road that I
really wonder what about two vehicles meet at the center. Who would go back? Okay okay, It's not my problem anymore right? just wondering. Anyway, it is a long way going to Ilog Maria from there, I apporximate it to be about 500 meters or longer.

The first time my mom and I went there, we took public transportation and we have to walk that path. And worse, it was raining and the road is all muddy >.< then you need to stop at the side every once in a while because there were a lot of vehicles that time. I would recommend that you should bring your own car when going there, although it is reachable by foot (and it is a form of exercise), it would still be best to have a car especially when it is raining.

This time, we have a car since my dad was with us. It just took us a while to reach Ilog Maria Store.
Ilog Maria is a bee farm. It started from there and soon had their naturally produced products such as soaps, shampoo, lotions, insect repellent, etc. As you enter their gate, you could see small house like structures which is I think for the bees. I think this is where they store their honey. [To my readers (if you ever exist  :P) I'm sorry that I do not know anything about this bee farm thing. I have never been to one and this is the closest I have gotten to them so pardon me for assuming things I saw in this place. Maybe if they offer educational tours in this farm, I would gladly join so that I'll understand it more *wink*.]

Okay, after the gate and the bee house thinggy, you will see a small stucture near. This is their store. As you enter it, you'll surely feel relaxed because of the scent of different herbs on the soap. The most dominant smell is lavander. I am not sure if it is form the soap because they have a lavender plant just outside and I think it contributes to the relaxing smell. They have an array of products here. Mostly Soaps of different mix. They have lavender, milk and honey, carrot, oatmeal, etc. You can check out www.ilogmaria.com for the list of their products plus information about it and what suites you best.

They also have in the store some liquid soaps, lotions, insect repellent, shampoo all made from natural ingredients. Most of these products include honey. They also sell honey by the way, and also those propolis  which comes form the bee hives. It says on the phamplet they give away that it has a lot of vitamins and minerals and is a good supplement. I didn't get to read it at first that's why I didn't buy one but my dad did and I will just ask him to share it to me. :P

Here are some photos of their products (mostly soaps)


Soaps

More soaps in small sizes

More soaps

bigger sized soaps

throat spray

More small sized soaps

I bought Lavender Soaps, lots! This is because I do not know when will we come back here. My mom bought soaps too and bought my cousin Joyce an insect repellent for Kaile. It was a bit cheaper buying here than in their website. It is understandable since they need to ship and deliver it to you so it is best you go there. Anyway, for those who know me personally, you can ask me to buy you their products. Just ask me and I'll tell you when I will go back there. For those who don't know me, try their website, or go there personally.

The lady there is very kind when you ask her what the soap is for. Also, she gives free brochures for those who want to know more about their products. She also recognized us on our second visit! I'll be back here another time coz it is really nice using their product. You should try it to, I'm sure you'll love it too!

Ilog Maria Store
Store opens every Tuesday to Sunday except Holidays
Telefax: +63 46 - 865 – 0018.
Email: info@ilogmaria.com
Mailing Address: P. O. Box # 1 , Silang 4118, Cavite, Philippines

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...