Sunday, April 3, 2011

Dinner at 8065 Bagnet


I wanted to try out 8065 Bagnet a long time ago but since it was located at Makati, and at that time, I don't know anything about the place, I just hoped that someday I could eat there and have a taste of what people are talking about.


A few weeks ago, my super blocmates Tanja and Ruel told me that they have already eaten there and since I wanted to go there really bad, I had them promised to me that they'd take me there before they leave Makati and finally transfer to Quezon City. And so they stayed true to their promise and we had dinner there just before March ended.

8065 Bagnet is located at Estrella Street, San Antonio Village Makati City. It is a few minutes away from our offices. We got there through a cab but you can also ride a bus or jeepney and drop off at the intersection where you can see the McDonald's and a gas station (I am not sure what they call this area). This is where San Antonio in Makati starts, from there, you can walk all the way to Estrella Street and you can see 8065 Bagnet at the left side.

The place is just small, a residential house turned into a restaurant. There are tables outside where there is a small pond and a view of the street. As you go inside, there are more dining area for medium to large groups. There is also a 2nd floor area but I think it is a cafe where people can hang out. The whole place is decorated with paintings, pictures, graffiti and some stuff usually found at home like shelves of books, figurines and stuff. The place was simply homey and I like it so much.

Bagnet is more of a preserved meat native in the Ilocos region of the Philippines. It is made by drying the pork and cutting it in pieces. It is then simmered in water with spices and then deep fried. People usually eat it on its own or place it with the dishes they cook. You can usually buy Bagnet in the Ilocos region so I rarely get a taste of it. Thankfully, there is this place that offers it and I am so happy to try their dishes.

We were seated in a table good for 4 and we ordered our food. Of course, what we chose are the bagnet dishes. They also serve chicken and fish but since we wanted to taste bagnet, so that is what we ordered.

We chose Bagnet Kare-kare and Bagnet Spicy Ginataan. The serving was good for 2-3 people so we opted for this. They also have a meal which has rice but we wanted to share the food to all. We also had Ensaladang Talong so we can have some veggies. Rice was ordered separately since we didn't ordered the meal set.
Bagnet Kare-kare (P180)

The Bagnet Kare-kare was good. You can taste the peanut butter on the sauce and it is good with the crispy bagnet. The veggies are also good although the dish has only a few, it was still enough since we had the Ensaladang Talong.

Bagnet Spicy Ginataan (P180)
The Spicy Ginataang Bagnet was what I liked. It was spicy and really hot. It goes well with the crispy bagnet and I am sure that you'll order extra rice if you are a fan of spicy food. It was just right for me since I don't like too much spicy food. I enjoyed it very much. It is a must try here.
Ensaladang Talong
 The Ensaladang Talong has a boiled eggplant, peeled and sliced together with onions, tomatoes and mangoes on the side. It also has a bagoong to complement all. It was perfect pared with the dishes we had.

Frozen Buko Pandan (P55)
Since we had bagnet overload, we ordered some dessert to wash our pallets of the taste. We had their Frozen Buko Pandan. They also have Cinnamon Bread but we opted for the Buko Pandan because we were already full at that time. The Frozen Buko Pandan was served chilled and looks like it was just crushed from a boulder of ice. It was refreshing but since it was frozen, I couldn't taste the flavor of the coconut anymore. It was more of an ice melting on your mouth. It was okay since it served its purpose of washing off the flavor of the meat but it wasn't something to brag about.

After the meal, we are so full and we decided to walk from there to Ayala Avenue Station. It was that long walk that I felt, I burned all the food I ate. I loved my 8065 Bagnet experience and I hope I can get back there. Maybe on that day I get to see Kitchie Nadal since my blocmates told me she was there the first time they ate there. Hoping for my next Bagnet experience here and I recommend you too try this place out too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...