Saturday, April 2, 2011

Birthday Dinner at Don Henrico's


We usually have family dinner whenever there are birthdays in our family and this time, it's my turn to treat them since I just celebrated my birthday.

I chose Den Henrico's at Festival Supermall since I was craving for its yummy buffalo wings. But sadly, I realized that I ordered too much that I crossed out the dish on my to order list.


Their place is located outside the mall on its 2nd level. It is near Shopwise's 2nd floor entrance, just beside the array of ATM machines and The Old Spaghetti House on the other side.

The place is quite big, enough for a large group to conduct a party. They have tables inside as well as on the outside for peak hours. The interior is cozy and warm. The crew are friendly and accommodating. They attend to you immediately when you call them. However, they didn't gave our table some condiments and we need to ask them before they gave us some.

The dishes that we ordered are Calamari Fritti (since the Baked Muscles are not available at that time), Spaghetti Bolognese, and a Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza.

Calamari Fritti (P175)
The Clamari Fritti are simply yummy. It is not tough and the Marinara Sauce goes perfectly with it. My mom loved it that she ordered another serving for us all. The only thing I didn't quite like is the skin that was difficult to detach from the meat but it was just a minor problem and is forgivable. It was still a yummy dish for us.

Spaghetti Bolognese (P340)
My mom don't like white sauces so we ordered a red one. The Spaghetti Bolognese was the one she liked and it was also good. You can really taste the tomato on the sauce and it is best eaten hot. The problem with this dish is that it doesn't have a lot of cheese on top, which for me is quite disappointing, They didn't even gave us extra cheese for this. And also, it was quite watery since I think the pasta was freshly taken from its boiling water when served. It didn't absorbed much of the water as it was served to us. Other than those, the pasta was okay, not that great, somewhat so-so.
14 inch Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza (P520)
The Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza we ordered came last and it wasn't what I was expecting. I was surprised that it had a lettuce and tomato salad on top, just like what a cheeseburger should contain. It looks yummy and it was really yummy!. I loved the lettuce and tomato together with the meat and cheese on the pizza crust. I am getting hungry just by imagining it and describing the dish now. All I can say is try this out if you had a chance!

All in all the food here is great and the service is also good. We had the left overs for take out since the food was too much for us all. I just wish I had the buffalo wings because I am still craving for it. Will anyone treat me here for a basket of buffalo wings? *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...