Monday, August 29, 2011

Lunch Out Series: Adobo To'


Okay, again, I was deprived of lunch outs with my office friends and for the past few weeks, I usually just take out food and eat it while working (I know, a loser kind of thing to do). Most of the time, I would just take out on the nearby canteen so as not to waste time. Good thing, the nearby canteen offers a lot of selection and one of them is my favorite back when I was still working at Ortigas, Adobo To'.



Their main and first branch is located at Brgy. San Antonio in Pasig City, nearby my old office. We usually call them to deliver food for us. Since I transferred here in Makati,  there was no way I can get a taste of their yummy adobo dishes until the Blessings and Prosperity Foodcourt besides our building opened up a branch. A friend of mine said that the owner was a former Smart Employee and we actually saw her managing this branch. Their stall is just small with the array of small food stands in the canteen. They usually have take outs there but you can also opt to eat there (which I don't want since the smell of the canteen will stick to you).


Their specialty dish is adobo and it comes in variety. They have chicken and pork and they have it in spicy, original, with coconut, cheese, sisig, etc. The meal consist of rice, adobo and egg with ensalada on the side. It is a complete meal and your tummy will surely be filled after this hearty meal.

I get to taste two of their dishes, One is the Adobo Sisig and the Cheesy Pork Adobo. The Adobo Sisig is one yummy sisig. I think it is made up of adobo pork shredded into thin pieces and with some calamansi and soy sauce, it is one yummy dish. Paired with the ensalada on the side, this is a winner. A meal is good enough for two people even if it seems like the dish is quite small in serving. I assure you, you will love it as much as I do.
Adobo Sisig (Php85)

The Cheesy Pork Adobo is a classic adobo topped with cheese sauce and grated cheese. It has a unique flavor and if you love cheese, you will definitely love it. It is not that salty as expected since there are a lot of cheese, but the flavors blend in well. Paired with the egg and ensalada and rice, it is another winner for me.

Cheesy Pork Adobo (Php85)
You got to try it for yourselves. These adobo dishes are unique and very yummy. Also, they are all affordable and worth your lunch money. It is not named as Ang Pinaka's top 1 most affordable dish below Php200 for nothing. Happy Eating!

Visit their branch and also their Facebook page to learn more about them:

Adobo To'
Blessings and Prosperity Foodcourt
Informatics Bldg. Ayala cor. Rufino St.
Makati City
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Adobo-To/131351346877044
Tel No: 475-7622

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...