Sunday, May 22, 2011

Lunch Out Series: 101 Hawker Food House


It has been a long time since I had a lunch out since I am saving up some moneys for my trips and travels and it has been so hot these days that I usually don't go out much at noon. This time, I went with some of my office mates and try out a place I heard before but hadn't had a chance to try out. This time, I get to have a taste of 101 Hawker Food House.


101 Hawker Food House is one of those hole in the wall restaurants which serves good food at affordable prices. It is what I call, secret finds. They are located at the heart of Makati CBD and it is one of those food places you would want to go back to.


The place is just small but large number of guests can be accommodated even in the peak hours of lunch breaks. They serve Singaporean dishes and there are a lot dishes to chose from in their menu. You can opt here to order a dish for one serving or for group sharing which is good since it is nicer to share with other people.

We ordered dishes for sharing since we all wanted to taste the different dishes they serve. We had Lemon Chicken, Lechon Kawali and Thai Bagoong Rice. I also ordered a glass of Iced Milk Tea.

Iced Milk Tea (P40)
The Iced Milk Tea was good. I like that it was made of tea from a tea bag and milk was added. They serve it with the tea bag that they used for it. It reminded me of how I made milk tea in my previous company.

Lemon Chicken (P180)
 The Lemon Chicken was good. You can taste the crispy deep fried chicken even if it was all covered in sauce. The sauce was also good, it really has that lemon flavor in it.

Lechon Kawali (P180)

The Lechon Kawali was also good. Nothing special but it was good. i just didn't like how they pour the sauce on it. It makes the meat less crispy but it was okay.

Thai Bagoong Rice (P160)

The Thai Bagoong Rice was served with green mangoes on it. I was quite disappointed since it wasn't the Bagoon Rice I was craving for. The last time I had the best Bagoong rice was back in my old company where the rice really has that salty kick in every bite. Plus it has scramble egg strips to go with it. Here, it tasted just like plain rice that was colored brown topped with green mangoes. However, it was still good enough to pair with the dishes.

There are a lot more dishes here that I must try. There is the famous Laksa and other noodle dish that is recommended. Also, I would also want to try their Hainanese Chicken Rice. Well, I guess this will not be my last time here. I am sure I'll go here once again to taste their other dishes. So next time you are in Makati area, try to visit 101 Hawker Food House, if you are lucky enough to find it. Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...