Sunday, June 10, 2012

Dinner at Toast Box


My friends and I decided to meetup for dinner and we decided to try out Toast Box which is located at Greenbelt 5. It was difficult to look for this place since it was not in the directory and also, it is quite far from the other food and dining areas in the mall, but we got there and we had our dinner there.


Originally, this store is from Singapore and so, it offers Singaporean and Malaysian dishes. It was perfect since I was craving and missing the Malaysian food from my previous Borneo Adventure.

The store is located at the third floor of Greenbelt 5 just beside Hobbes and Landes. It is quite easy to spot because of its all glass store and all white interior. It looks very clean and neat inside.

counter area

the interior of Toast Box

Most of the menu there are coffee and tea and other drinks plus some toasts which looks really yummy. They also offer some meals and I was so thrilled that they have some Laksa there which is something I really crave that time.

My friends had the Hainanese Chiken Rice and Hainanese Chicken with Noodles. They paired it with some freshly squeezed Lemonade. I had their Nonya Laksa and a glass of Cold Milo.

The drinks, Lemonade and Cold Milo, came first and they sure were refreshing. It is served iced and you need to stir it since the bottom part is warm. It was refreshing and good too. The Cold Milo is also good, but I think it was better to upgrade it to a Milo Dinosaur to make it more yummy.

Cold Milo (PHP85)

Lemonade (PHP75)

The Hainanese Chicken Rice and Noodles were served in a big plate. I was surprised that the serving was that big and it looked like it will fill you up as you finish the plate. It is worth of the price. As for the taste, it looked yummy and as I asked my friends, they said it was good. It took them some time to finish it.

Hainanese Chicken Rice (PHP239)

Hainanese Chicken with Tossed Noodles (PHP229)

As for the Nonya Laksa, it was also served in a big bowl. The noodles and the seafood inside are floating in a hot and spicy soup that taste of coconut. The presentation was not that good as posted in the photos but the actual toppings were there. I liked the fish tofu they had in the soup. I reminded me of a meal I had back in Malaysia. Also the hearty serving of noodles was good. The only drawback were the shrimps which was cut in half so it would look plenty in the bowl. Overall, I like the dish, it was served hot and the taste was authentic. I longed for this dish and it satisfied my cravings!

Nonya Laksa (PHP215)

Even though my friends had a lot of comment about the store and the service, like it was so noisy in the place and the service was so slow, I still find it good. We cannot control the people that goes there and the service was not that bad considering that they make the food upon order and it was served hot. Maybe they are fond of fast food, but for me they were all nice to us. Overall, I like the place and now I know that Toast Box will satisfy my Singaporean and Malaysian food cravings! :)


Toast Box
3/F Greenbelt 5, Ayala Center
Makati City, Metro Manilahttp://www.facebook.com/toastboxphilippines

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...